When do we ever get to honour and appreciate our Mothers for all that they have ever done for us their entire lives? Can we ever repay them for it all? Not in this life, not in any. Our Mothers continue to be our biggest fans despite our failures. They always see the best in us, even when we don’t. We are sometimes so engrossed in our own lives that we forget to do even the littlest and the smallest things for our mothers that count. For once, let’s just forget all that is happening in our lives, whatever we all are going through – the good, the bad, the ugly… and give one day to THE most special person – Our Mothers.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we have all the more reason to show our Mothers all the love we have for them and how much we appreciate them. So, here is a list of a few things you can do and purchase for her to make her feel extra special.
These are the things that require nothing but your efforts:
- Breakfast In Bed / Bed Tea : Everyday we wake up to hot tea in bed, courtesy – our dear Moms. Is it too hard to wake up one day (Mother’s Day) before she does and return the favour? And here’s the perks – You will get a chance to snuggle up close to her and have morning tea and chit chat for a bit. How many times have you done that? Not very often, right?
- Take charge of the kitchen and laundry: Another thing that we don’t do often is help our mothers in the kitchen and with laundry. Mother’s Day is the perfect day to give them a day off from all the cooking and washing. And while you’re at it, make her indulge in something that she absolutely loves (not the kitchen!!). Maybe some nice magazines to read, something to sew… My mom loves playing games, both on the internet and phone. So I know what I’ll be giving her. AND please don’t create a mess in the kitchen when you’ll be cooking, you will only add to her worries 😀
- Write a note: Yes, write a note for her! DO NOT take a print out of the same. Write it yourself. Write about everything that comes to your mind when you think of your Mom. Write about how much you appreciate and love her. Show her your love on paper. Even if you aren’t a good writer, just saying ‘I Love You, Mom’ will be more than enough.
- Give her a hand-made card: Yes, I know there are better cards out at the stores. But why gives those cards when you can make your own? It will only make your Mother appreciate it more, for you will be putting in some effort. Even if you’re not creative, it hardly matters. It’s the message in the card that counts, right? 🙂
- Or make a video: If you still don’t want to make a card, I’m assuming you have a phone, right? Yes, so make use of it and make a nice video with your siblings (if any), record a nice and loveable message and give it to your Mom on Mother’s Day. Chances are she’s is going to share it with her friends and family and will cherish that video forever. Now who doesn’t want that?
- Give her a massage at home: You have what it takes to give her the experience of a spa at home 🙂 There is no need to purchase essential oils when you have Olive oil at home. It has medicinal properties and it soothes and heals the skin. Gentle on the pressure please. If not body massage, a head massage won’t be be bad either. I know everyone loves it.
- Take a morning/evening walk with her: We don’t do this often. Take time out of your (busy) schedule and go for a walk with her to the park, lake, beach (whatever), it really doesn’t matter. The idea is to spend as much time as you can with her. Catch up with her. Tell her things you’ve been wanting to tell her. She will cherish these moments forever.
- Watch her favourite soap with her: I know this is a hard one. It’s just ONE DAY. Genuinely get involved in it and discuss it later with her. She’ll be so happy she finally found someone to talk to about it all. Give it to her, will you?
So who is up for doing it all? I know I am 🙂
P.s. There will be a different post on things to BUY for her 🙂