A winged liner is something that we all love even if we can’t apply the same. It makes you look elegant and chic at the same time.
There is a variety of liners available – gen liner, liquid liner, eye-liner pen… It’s upto you which one you want to use because the results are, more or less, the same.
In this tutorial I’ve used Maybelline Gel liner and applied it with the brush that comes along with it. If you are not very comfortable using this brush, then an angled brush is the right choice because I feel you can get more product on the eyes with the same.You can purchase this gel liner at a price of Rs. 410 and if you check on-line, there are plenty of on-line shopping websites from where you can purchase it at a lesser price than usual.
Creating the perfect liner comes with practice. You have to make sure your hands are steady while you are drawing the lines. If it helps, sit and keep your elbow on a flat surface when you are applying the liner.
Follow the steps to get the PERFECT winged liner:-
- Step 1. Start with clean eyes and apply a primer potion (if you have, else a concealer would do too). A primer portion helps keep your liner smear and smudge-proof. Ideally you should apply the liner after you apply eye shadow and before you put on mascara.
- Step 2. If you want to get a flawless winged liner, then use the end of a brush ( I used a lip liner brush) and hold it diagonally against the corner of your eye. You can use anything (a bank card, the end of a spoon…) that would help you make a straight line and it should look as if it is a continuance of you lower lash-line.
- Step 3. Take a little bit of product on your brush and mark a line. In case you get a little bit too much than required, just scrape it off on the edge of the liner bottle. Personally I love more of a dramatic winged liner, so I extended the line a little bit in the next step.
- Step 4. Take some more product (not too much though) and starting from the top of the wing, draw a line which ends right in the middle of your eye-lid (something like a triangle with your eye-lid making the base) and fill n the gap (if any) with the product.
- Step 5. Now continue lining the rest of your lash line starting from the other corner of your eye and make it meet the triangle (you made in step 4)
- Step 6 (Optional). If you want more of a dramatic and thicker liner, then simply draw an outline of the same and if you keep adding more product it will keep becoming thicker with every application. Ans It’s easier to start it off with a thinner line and gradually make it thicker.
- Step 7. Open your eyes and see if the liner is flawless and edges are crisp. If not, then use a Q-tip and dip it in just a tiny bit of make-up remover and give the final touches wherever required by tracing the Q-tip along the edges.
Here’s all the steps together:-
And ofcourse if you don’t mind experimenting with colour, then go ahead and try what I did (see photo below) QUICK TIP:- If you don’t have a coloured liner, then apply your favourite shade of eye-shadow over the black liner. And the black won’t show at all (this is what I did in the picture below) 😛
I say it is definitely worth trying and you should give it a shot. It’s only a matter of practice. Who says eyes can’t kill? You do this and they most definitely will. (Oh and it rhymed!!!)
Let me know if you succeeded (or not) 🙂